We’re counting down the days until VidCon, the world’s largest gathering of online video fans, creators and industry execs ever, which is expected to draw over 10,000 attendees this year. The three-day conference/convention will take place from August 1 through August 3 in Anaheim and, for those of you that have been anxiously waiting to find out what you can expect this year, the schedule has been released and keynote speakers have been announced!
The full schedule (subject to change), which includes Industry Day on August 1 (open only to Industry Day pass holders) and Community days on August 2 and 3, can be viewed at vidcon.com/2013/overview. It features performances on The Mainstage, exhibitors in an Expo Hall, Breakout panels and discussions, Meet-ups with popular YouTube creators and more.
Industry Day highlights include:
- Keynotes from entrepreneur Mark Suster, VlogBrother, author and VidCon co-founder John Green, Fullscreen CEO George Strompolos and Ze Frank
- A special keynote from the YouTube Executive team, highlighting exciting things creators have done over the past year, as well as what the video giant has in store for the future
- Breakout sessions on topics ranging from generating revenue to working with YouTube networks, education, how brands are using YouTube and more
Community highlights include:
- Signings by popular YouTubers in the Expo Hall and Mainstage performances
- Community breakout sessions and workshops on topics ranging from collaboration to succeeding with a niche channel, cinematography, the art of slow motion, editing for online video and more
- Industry breakout sessions with more of an emphasis on the industry side of things (available only to Industry Pass holders)
- Concert series
- Dance party
We’ll be bringing you more posts about what you can expect from VidCon 2013 as the event approaches.
Interested in attending? Unfortunately, if you don’t already have a ticket, VidCon 2013 is SOLD OUT but there is a waiting list – both for Industry and Community passes. Click here to put your name on the waiting list.
Will we be seeing you at VidCon 2013? What are you most looking forward to?